In todays society, many people experience information overload. We are bombarded with messages to believe various ideas, purchase things, support causes, and lead our lifestyle in a particular way. How do you know what to believe? How do you separate the truth from the myths?
The answer lies in critical thinking skills. The ability to clearly reason through problems and to present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key skill for survival in todays world. This two-day workshop will give you some practical tools and hands-on experience with critical thinking and problem solving.
What Topics are Covered?
- Understanding critical thinking
- Where do other types of thinking fit in? (including whole-brain and left and right brain)
- Pitfalls to reasoned decision making
- The critical thinking process
- A critical thinker’s skill set
- Creating explanations
- Dealing with assumptions
- Common sense
- Critical and creative thought systems
- Plenty of hands-on case studies