How can you facilitate, rather than control, group decision-making and team interaction? With no formal training, people may find it difficult to make the transition from instructors or managers to facilitators. This two-day course has been created to make core facilitation skills better understood and readily available for your organisation. It represents materials and ideas that have been tested and refined over twenty years of active facilitation in all types of settings.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to distinguish facilitation from instruction and training
- How to identify the competencies linked to effective small group facilitation
- The difference between content and process
- The stages of team development and ways to help teams through each stage
- Common process tools to make meetings easier and more productive